1. Notes from parents will not be accepted, absences must be cleared with a phone call to the attendance office 847-932-2400
2. Parents/legal guardians must call before 10:00 am for full/partial absences.
3. Please call in advance of picking up your son or daughter.
4. Students that are 18 may not call themselves out of school.
5. If you know your son/daughter will be missing school in advance please contact his/her teachers directly to obtain missing assignments. A parent/legal guardian will still be required to call the attendance office.
6. VHHS, in keeping with section 26-2A of the Illinois School Code considers the following circumstances to be valid causes for a student's absence:
Observance of religious holidays.
Death in the immediate family.
Dental/Doctor appointments that could not be scheduled outside of school hours.
Other reasons approved by the VHHS administration.
7. Students are always encouraged to bring in documentation to verify a dental/doctor appointment.
8. Illinois School Code allows students to miss 10 days per semester. Any absence after 10 days will require documentation or will be left unexcused.